Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Way to go Pizza Club! ... Not!

Our New Year's resolution in 2009 was to eat more pizza. I believe that we did eat more pizza, including a super duper Pizza Club meeting on my 21st birthday at my house. BUT, I don't believe we had enough official meetings.
We also haven't update our blog in about a year. We fail. We apologize.
Due to the Pizza Club lacking funds, our meetings were mainly confined to homemade meetings... which truly are the best because we have one very special ingredient those other places don't have...
LOVE.

-ahem-

Enough of that lovey, dovey shit.
Let's go over the accomplishments of the Pizza Club during our 3rd year of existance.
1. President Elle made official buttons! If you come to a meeting, you'll most likely get one.
2. We developed a new form of minions: The Most Excellent Minions. Aka mom and dad. Because let's be honest: They fund the meetings they attend and deserve extra special credit.
3. I just yesterday found a newspaper clipping from my junior year of high school when I was a "Star Athlete" of the week in the Times Herald. My favorite food? "My grandmother's pizza"! I know, I'm pretty amazing.
4. Speaking of my grandma's pizza, my grandpa, at the ripe old age of 82, has decided that HE HATES MY GRANDMA'S PIZZA all of a sudden. I believe he is just crazy. I mean, he does talk about kicking animals and how all doctor's know "nothing about nothing".
5. President Elle has also been developing a recipe for beer dough for the crust. Stay tuned.
6. Found the most amazing pizza buffet! Brooklyn Pizza in Birmingham, MI. Mondays and Tuesdays after 5pm, they reduce their ridiculously high prices for a $6.99 all you can eat pizza, salad, homemade ice cream, gelato, and sorbetto, and soda. They have a big iron pizza slice for a door handle, oregano and garlic powder within reach anywhere you are in the restaurant (big plus for meee), and pizza from a brick oven. Talk about yummy. I give that place a 4.6.
7. We also realized at the aforementioned meeting that we need a rubric for this pizza-grading business.

We're planning our 4th anniversary meeting for sometime next week. :)

Love,
Patrice

No comments: